Go For Wellness Inc. Calendula and Lavender Salve is perfect for dry or damaged skin and offers excellent healing qualities with ongoing protection from premature aging (known to stimulate the production of collagen). Calendula and Lavender are beautiful and adaptable herbs, and they grow in abundance at Go For Wellness Herb Farm.
- Soothing chapped or dry skin: Calendula infused oil is a wonderful moisturizer for dry skin and for severely chapped or split skin. It helps to soothe and treat pain.
- Sprained muscles and bruises: The anti-inflammatory properties help lessen swelling from injury. Calendula oil also helps support the treatment of spider veins, varicose veins and leg ulcers.
- Relieve diaper rash: This oil is great for baby care in the treatment of the irritation of diaper rash.
- Minor cuts and wounds: The antiseptic and antimicrobial properties of the oil help speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also help relieve insect bites, acne and bed sores.
- Skin issues: Used topically, Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin problems can be soothed using calendula oil. Calendula oil’s antifungal action is also great for helping treat athlete’s foot, ringworm and jock itch.
Cautions: Calendula is generally safe to use, but there are a few considerations to keep in mind. Avoid calendula if you’re allergic to plants in the Asteraceae/Compositae family. Don’t use calendula if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
Avoid taking calendula orally at least two weeks before any scheduled surgery, since it can cause drowsiness. Don’t take it orally in combination with any type of sedative drug.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended as a prescription, prognosis, or diagnosis of any diseases or illness, and should not be used as a replacement for any medical treatment you may currently be undergoing. Application of the information provided without the supervision of a licensed medical professional is done so at the individual's own risk.